I absolutely loved this training! I feel like I walked away with everything that I need to be able to start teaching prenatal classes comfortably. Vanya's guidance and experience helped to ease any anxiety I had surrounding teaching my students who are pregnant or are planning to conceive. Everything was easy to follow, well organized, and I have a manual that I can refer back to when needed. If you are looking for a prenatal training look no further, this is it!
What I received from Cherished Life Holistic Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training this weekend exceeded my expectations and imagination. We checked in, laughed, honored our ancestors and received a wealth of prenatal wisdom. Thank you for giving me more than a training, thank you for offering me a transformative experience that is adding to my overall well-being, life and my work. I felt love, sisterhood and pregnant with a new version of me all at the same time.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN/DISCOVER:
- Stages of Pregnancy: Anatomy and Physiology by trimester
- Review of pregnancy discomforts and conditions
- Stages of Birth: Medical and Holistic Models
- General guidelines for working with a pregnant student
- Discussion and practice of asanas/poses, variations, modifications and contraindications for pregnant students
- Discussion and practice of pranayama/breath techniques appropriate for pregnancy/birth
- The importance of mantra/sound, visualization and meditation during pregnancy and birth
- Primer sequences appropriate for all trimesters
- Tools needed to create your own sequence and holistic practice
- Cultural considerations as it relates to birth and reproductive justice
- Gain insight into the mind/body connection of a pregnant person
- How to create themes, hold space, and ask the “right” questions to bring depth and compassion to each experience
BENEFITS OF PRENATAL YOGA
- Reduces pregnancy related discomforts
- Increases flexibility, strength, and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
- Improves balance and stabilization
- Improves sleep and energy
- Strengthens and tones the pelvic floor muscles
- Helps to align the pelvis for optimal fetal positioning
- Reduces the risk of labor complications
- Allows for faster recovery from pregnancy and birth
- Relieves stress and combats mood disorders
- Creates community support systems & friendships
- Encourages connection and harmony with baby
- Develops a pregnant and birthing person’s intuition and confidence in self and their choices
WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR?
This training is great for yoga instructors and birth professionals including doulas, midwives, nurses, chiropractors, and therapists. Participants will leave prepared to confidently support pregnant people looking to modify their yoga practice or lead a prenatal yoga practice that builds a pregnant person’s confidence and strength, connection to baby, and uplifts the mind, body, and spirit.
WHEN AND WHERE DOES THE TRAINING TAKE PLACE?
The next training is scheduled to take place in Spring 2024. Exact dates TBA.
Tentative Training Schedule:
- Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All Life is Yoga
27 Wadell St. NE, Suite D
Atlanta, GA 30303
Following training weekend, you are required to participate in an additional 10 hrs of observation/yoga classes using Cherished Life’s Online Yoga & Wellness Prenatal Yoga video library. This portion of the training is self-paced. You will be given 30 days to complete it.
WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM ATTENDANCE?
This training is designed to be an intimate, in-depth experience. To better support connection and individualized attention, this training is limited to a maximum of 10 students.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
A 200-hour yoga teacher training certification is ideal but not required. At minimum, you should have some yoga experience prior to the start of this training; you cannot teach what you do not practice yourself. If you do not currently hold a 200-hour yoga teacher certification, the hope is that this training will inspire you to further your yoga studies upon completion.
Cherished Life Holistic Prenatal Yoga Teacher Manual and Yoga Mama, Yoga Baby by Margo Shapiro Bachman. You will be required to read and write a review on Yoga Mama, Yoga Baby. Due (1) month after training ends.
Approximately 10 hours of class participation/observation via Cherished Life's Online Yoga & Wellness Prenatal Yoga video library. Due (1) month after training ends. You will be issued a class pass after training weekend.
APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM: Once all certification requirements are completed, there will be an opportunity to apply for Cherished Life's Prenatal Yoga Teacher Apprenticeship Program. Graduates of the training will be invited to participate in our graduate-led Prenatal Yoga classes via Cherished Life's online platform to implement what was learned and practice teaching. After completing a required number of graduate-led classes and upon graduation from the Apprenticeship Program, there will be an opportunity to offer your own weekly online class.
** The cost of the class pass is included in the training tuition.**
WILL I BE CERTIFIED AFTER THIS TRAINING?
This training will provide you with 40 hours of training time (combination of contact hours, practicum hours, and study hours), a certificate of completion, and the knowledge needed to offer prenatal yoga in any environment.
- journal/notebook, pen
- yoga mat
- (2) yoga blocks
- small pillow/cushion
WHAT IS THE ADMISSION PROCESS?
You must be a yoga instructor or birth professional, in the process of becoming one, and/or have a strong desire to support pregnant people holistically through yoga. If you meet this requirement, you are eligible to enroll.
1) Complete the application for admission. The application will inquire about your current yoga practice, any previous training, and what you hope to gain from this course.
2) Register by selecting one of the payment options.
WHAT IS THE INVESTMENT?
Tuition for this training is $1050.
- 40 training hours
- Cherished Life Holistic PYTT manual (required text)
- Yoga Mama, Yoga Baby by Margo Shapiro Bachman (required text)
- Class Pass to Cherished Life's Online Yoga & Wellness platform
- Exclusive invitation to apply for Cherished Life's Teacher Apprenticeship upon completion of the training program.
IS FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE?
This course is meant to be accessible and inclusive to all, regardless of financial status. With this in mind, there are three ways to gain financial assistance:
1) Join our mailing list to learn about the early bird special.
2) Take advantage of our payment plans.
3) Apply for a scholarship. If applying for financial assistance, please complete the scholarship application. The deadline to apply for a scholarship is August 25, 2023.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
Years of experience along with a great deal of planning and preparation are poured into this experience. As such, there are no refunds for this training. Extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis where registration may be transferred to a future training date.
This was truly a blessing to be able to partake in such an empowering training. The energy and environment were conducive to learning. Vanya is amazing and shared her wealth of knowledge as a birth worker and instructor. A beautiful soul that fosters and nurtures students to believe in what they do. I walked away feeling enriched and grounded. I will forever have gratitude for this experience.
Before this training, I questioned whether this was something I can do. After the training I feel confident that I will be able to offer mothers a beautiful yoga experience.
This prenatal yoga training provided a wealth of knowledge in such a short time frame. I am still in awe of the amount of material Vanya was able to clearly present during our weekend together. I gained so much more from the training than I could have ever imagined!!
What are you waiting for?
Register for Cherished Life Holistic Prenatal Yoga Teacher TrainingJOIN THE INTEREST LIST