Cherished Life Holistic Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training combines ancient wisdom and practices with modern evidence-based research to support a birthing person's mind, body, and spirit through pregnancy in preparation for childbirth.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN/DISCOVER:
- Stages of Pregnancy: Anatomy and Physiology by trimester
- Review of pregnancy discomforts and conditions
- Stages of Birth: Medical and Holistic Models
- General guidelines for working with a prenatal student
- Discussion and practice of asanas/poses, variations, modifications and contraindications for pregnant students
- Discussion and practice of pranayama/breath appropriate for pregnancy/birth
- The importance of mantra/sound, visualization and meditation during pregnancy and birth
- Primer sequence appropriate for mothers in all trimesters
- Tools needed to create your own sequence and holistic practice
- Overview of cultural considerations as it relates to birth and reproductive justice
- Gain insight into the mind/body connection of the pregnant person
- How to create themes, hold space, and ask the “right” questions to bring depth and compassion to each experience
BENEFITS OF PRENATAL YOGA
- Reduces pregnancy related discomforts
- Increases flexibility, strength, and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
- Improves balance and stabilization
- Improves sleep and energy
- Strengthens and tones the pelvic floor muscles
- Helps to align the pelvis for optimal fetal positioning
- Reduces the risk of labor complications
- Allows for faster recovery from pregnancy and birth
- Relieves stress and combats mood disorders
- Creates community support systems & friendships
- Encourages connection and harmony with baby
- Develops a pregnant person’s intuition and confidence in self and their choices
WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR?
This training is great for yoga instructors and birth professionals including doulas, midwives, and nurses, chiropractors, and therapists. Participants will leave prepared to confidently support pregnant people looking to modify their yoga practice or lead a prenatal yoga practice that builds a pregnant person’s confidence and strength, connection to baby, and uplifts the mind, body, and spirit.
WHEN AND WHERE DOES THE TRAINING TAKE PLACE?
The next training is scheduled to take place September 30 - October 2, 2022 at All Life is Yoga in the Inman Park neighborhood of Atlanta, GA. Tentative training schedule:
- September 30, 2022, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- October 1, 2022, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- October 2, 2022, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Following training weekend, you are required to participate in an additional 8 hrs of observation/yoga classes using Cherished Life’s Online Yoga & Wellness Prenatal Yoga video library. This portion of the training is self-paced, You will be given 30 days to complete it.
WHAT ARE THE COVID-SAFETY PROCEDURES?
COVID guidelines change frequently, which may mean some of these guidelines will be out-dated by the time training begins. In the meantime, everyone is asked to adhere to best practices for the safety of all participants based on guidance from leading health organizations:
Participants are required to bring their own yoga mats. Studio props will be available for use, and participants will keep the same props throughout the weekend. Strict cleaning protocols for props will be used at the end of each training day. I recommend bringing props if you feel more comfortable with that option.
While social-distancing mandates have ended, this training will honor a minimum of a 3-foot distance between mats during class.
You must present a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of the training start date. Masks are optional.
WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM ATTENDANCE?
This training is designed to be an intimate, in-depth experience. To better support connection and individualized attention, this training is limited to a maximum of 12 students.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
A 200-hour yoga teacher training certification is ideal but not required. At minimum, you should have some yoga experience prior to the start of this training; you cannot teach what you do not practice yourself.
Approximately 8 hours of class participation/observation via Cherished Life's Online Yoga & Wellness Prenatal Yoga video library. (Due (1) month after training ends.) You will be issued a class pass after training weekend. The cost of the pass is included in the training fee.
REQUIRED TEXT: Yoga Mama, Yoga Baby by Margo Shapiro Bachman (Read and write a review. Due 1 month after training ends.)
WILL I BE CERTIFIED AFTER THIS TRAINING?
This training will provide you with 40 hours of training time (combination of contact hours, practice hours, and study hours), a certificate of completion, and the knowledge needed to offer prenatal yoga in any environment.
Yoga mat, small pillow
Blankets and yoga blocks will be available at the studio for use
WHAT IS THE ADMISSION PROCESS?
You must be a yoga instructor or birth professional, in the process of becoming one, and/or have a strong desire to support pregnant and birthing people holistically through yoga.
If you meet this requirement, you are eligible to enroll. Once you register for this course, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to a form you will need to complete and return prior to the start of training. This form will inquire about your current yoga practice, any previous trainings, and what you hope to gain from this course. GET ON THE INTEREST LIST FOR THE NEXT TRAINING.
WHAT IS THE INVESTMENT?
Tuition for this training is $850. An Early Bird special of $750 will be available for a few weeks once registration opens.
IS FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE?
This course is meant to be accessible and inclusive to all, regardless of financial status. With this in mind, there are two ways I am able to offer assistance:
A payment plan is available, and due in-full prior to the start of training.
There are 2 partial scholarships available for students who self-identify as BIPOC.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email email@example.com to discuss your needs.
WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
Years of experience along with a great deal of planning and preparation are poured into this experience. As such, there are no refunds for this training. Extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis where registration may be transferred to a future training date.